Barber Emerson, L.C.
1211 Massachusetts St.
P.O. Box 667
Lawrence, KS 66044-3351
Phone: (785) 843-6600
Glee S. Smith, Jr., Of Counsel
Born Rozel, Kansas, April 29, 1921.
Also of Counsel: Smith, Burnett & Larson, L.L.C., Larned, Kansas.
- Real Estate
- General Civil Practice
- University of Kansas, J.D., 1947
- University of Kansas, A.B., 1943
- Phi Delta Phi
- Order of the Coif.
- 1st Lt., Army Air Forces, 1943-1945
- Douglas County Bar Association
- Southwest Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association (Member 1947-Present, Board of Governors, 1982-1992)
- American Bar Association (Member 1947-Present, House of Delegates 1982-1992, Executive Committee 1989-1991)
- County Attorney, Pawnee County, 1949-1953
- President, Kansas County Attorneys Association, 1951-1952
- State Senate, 1957-1973
- President Pro Tem, State Senate, 1965-1973
- Chairman, Senate Judiciary Committee, 1961-1963
- Member, Kansas Judicial Council, 1961-1963
- Chairman, Senate Ways and Means Committee, 1963-1964
- Kansas Legislative Council and Finance Council, 1963-1973
- Kansas Commissioner to National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws, 1963-Present
- Kansas Delegate to The American Bar Association House of Delegates, 1982-1992
- Member, Board of Governors, 1987-1990
- Member, Kansas Board of Regents, 1975-1983 (Chhairman 1977-1979)
- Member, Board of Directors, National Legal Services Corporation, 1975-1979
- President, Kansas University Alumni Association, 1991-1992 (Life member 1947-Present)
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, 1980-2003
- Fellow: Kansas Bar Foundation
- American Bar Foundation (Chairman, ABA Task Force on Solo and Small Firm Practitioners, 1990-1992
- Chairman, ABA Committee on Applying Federal Legislation to Congress, 1993-1995)
- The Judge Hugh Means American Inn of Court
- Recipient: Distinguished Alumnus Citation, University of Kansas School of Law, 1976
- Distinguished Service Award, University of Kansas, 1984
- Distinguished Alumni Award, Kansas University Alumni Association, 1989